The Hills Have Eyes

















Some news/ updates
: as you may have noticed, I recently turned on comment moderation. In the last weeks Stonerobixxx has become the target of endless waves of spam & more recently: hate.

I'm getting my daily dose of spam/ hatemail from a guy who claims he is the messiah of the law & loves his capslock button, his goal is 'to eliminate my blog and move on to the next'. It's hard to ignore this problem, since 'The Man' just made his own blog as a direct threat to mine.

I think this is one of the saddest things I've seen in my history of being a music blogger. That being said, there is still a thin line between legality & (underground) music sharing. I started this once tiny place because I wanted to get the tunes out there. I still think the genres I share on my blog are highly underrated, we need blogs & websites to get this kind of music out there. To share it, write about it, promote it.

This blog is still going because of you people. Readers, artists, fellow music addicts. In the end I think 'Stonerobixxx' is a personal and honest thing, just like the music behind it. And when this blog goes down, it stood stong for nearly 4 years.

So what's next? I'm taking another break for a week, the world beyond the blogsphere is calling again. I'm only checking back to publish comments & eventually turning off the damn comment moderation (when everything is working again without shitloads of spam..).

For now, Stonerobixxx is still running as it always did. However, the future is unsure (like it was in the beginning). Feel free to leave your own thoughts & opinions on this delicate matter!

Hails, riffs, haters gonna hate.
-Robin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mark Wahlberg embarrassed by his past

2010 Volkswagen New Beetle Awards

Stonerobixxx - June 2012 Compilation