Serpent Throne - White Summer - Black Winter (2010)














'The musical discovery of this month for me is Serpent Throne from Philly. I didn’t know this band before but ‘White Summer – Black Winter’ is the third album of this instrumental band. These four guys play classic rock 70s style. You can hear influences of bands like Led Zeppelin, Wishbone Ash, Scorpions, UFO, Thin Lizzy and so on and that without any vocals. As far as contemporary bands are concerned a band like Valkyrie is comparable, also a band that I really like.

So, this band made the choice to keep their songs instrumental but I have to admit that I miss vocal parts here and there. Here and there I started to make up my own vocal lines while listening to the album. Keeping that in mind my thoughts are a bit divided; on one side you miss vocals but on the other hand I was sucked into the music while thinking actively about possible vocal parts. An exceptional experience if I may add. Devotees of classic hardrock with great guitar parts should definitely check out Serpent Throne.' -Lords Of Metal

This one kinda flew under my radar, recently got into it actually. Just like Serpent Throne's previous work, this album is full of interesting & dynamic instrumental tunes. For those who love their riffs on the classic side! Read another great review at Doommantia.

Physical needs: Translation Loss Records

MP3@320Kbps
Download
or
Download 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mark Wahlberg embarrassed by his past

2010 Volkswagen New Beetle Awards

Stonerobixxx - June 2012 Compilation