Dopethrone - Dark Foil (2011)














'Dopethrone', besides the most heavy album on the planet this is also a three-headed underground sludge beast from Montreal, Canada. These guys came in as newcomers back in 2009 with their debut album 'Demonsmoke', quite an enjoyable full-length but I think it was mostly a rather unoriginal addition in the world of stoner/ sludge (the obvious bandname didn't help either). But these guys clearly learned from the past, and are back with 'Dark Foil'. And I gotta say; Damn! this is some fine ol' sludge I missed for a long time...

I placed my bet on 'Jason... The Dragon' for 2011 & then this dirty monster pops out of nowhere. Dark Foil is a great slab of filthy, occult sludge. It brings us back to the days when bands like Buzzov•en, Bongzilla, Sourvein & Iron Monkey were going strong. Their sound is obviously highly influenced, but like I mentioned, this album is a perfect throwback. I think this band mostly seperated itself with their second offering with a more inspired & stronger sound. Check out this demonic piece of evil sludge!

myspace.com/dopethronemafia
dopethrone.bandcamp.com (Download includes all the CD artwork in print ready PDF files.)

Links removed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mark Wahlberg embarrassed by his past

2010 Volkswagen New Beetle Awards

Stonerobixxx - June 2012 Compilation